Wednesday, February 13, 2019

It Was Only a Kiss - Aussie Scrapper Silvia's 12x12 layout "love you like crazy"

Hello Crafty Friends!
We have another LOVEly scrapbooking layout from Silvia today. I love how the Wild Love papers lend themselves to so many different themes! Be sure to watch Silvia's process video (link at the end of this post) for even more inspiration!



Hello everyone, me again Silvia with my second layout using the core products from "it was only a kiss".  When I sat down to do this layout I will admit that at first, I sat at my desk looking at the papers and products thinking "where do I start".  My previous layout was inspired by the lovely papers but this time, I was stuck as I loved all the papers equally.  It's what happens I suppose when Aunty Vera makes such a great selection.
So I went to my photos and bang staring me in the face is my beautiful little girl with such a dirty little grumpy face staring back at me.  I just knew I wanted to scrap this photo.  As it showcased her beautiful blue eyes.

Photo picked, I went back to my desk and looked at the products again and the first thing to catch my eye was the lawn fawn die set.

Inspiration hits and I  start getting excited...  I knew I wanted to make the letter V and use this die somehow.  Using my Silhouette Cameo, I cut out a letter V., To be honest,
it would have been quicker for me to just draw the letter and cut it out but I chose the machine.


I now have my letter but I don't know my colour scheme, so it's back to my desk to pick my papers and I just fall in love with this beautiful green paper from "photoplay called "live wild" as it really brings out my daughter Victoria's eyes.  The other side of this paper is the pink side with the little tents and since I wanted to use Pink because of Victoria's top I decide to use both papers at once.  (very hard for me to do as I love to hoard paper)



Colour scheme picked and papers were chosen

I Know that my photo will sit on this green paper, so I cut a 7" x 7" square.


I then take out my very old trusted cuttlebug and using the love heart dies from lawn fawn dies and my chosen product for the month of February, I cut out lots of strips and my desk is now covered in small love hearts.


I will be using these strips of hearts on my letter V but first, my letter needs some work as I only cut it out of scrap paper.  I want to add a touch of gold and I loved the Lindys stamp gang embossing powder (another of my chosen products for February).  The colour is called "Angel Wings Gold". I use some embossing ink on my V and then sprinkle the embossing powder onto my letter and then I let my heat gun work its magic.  Love how my letter turned out...Too bad that I will soon be covering most of it.


So it's time to adhere all my strips of heart to this letter, my first attempt was to use double sided tape but let me tell you this, it does not work.  To adhere my strips of heart I used my Tombow liquid glue.  Before I even started glueing I had the silly idea to fringe along the edges of strips...This took some time but I loved the end result.


My Letter is looking a little flat and I want to add more gold to it because otherwise, it will just blend too much with the papers and of course right at my fingertips is my other chosen product for the month of February.  The Inka Gold.  I put a small amount of this gold mouse on my craft mat and then using my finger I smudge and spread it onto my letter.  A bit messy but lots of fun.
   

My letter is now finished and I am very happy with it.  I love how much it changed just by rubbing a bit of the Inka Gold.  

Now, its time to start working on the layout.  I started by first trimming my background paper on all four sides by approximately 2mm on each side and then I used my ATG gun to adhere it onto to some white card stock.  I also matted the green paper and my photo with the same white card stock.


On my table, I had this chipboard that has been lying around for a while and it hit me, yes at long last you have found a home.  Once again its time to do some embossing using my new exciting embossing powder from Aunty Vera's.


From the "wild love" paper from the core products I cut out this lovely saying and  I use more of my glue to stick my chipboard to it.  The cut apart was in a square shape but I used a blade to cut around the unwanted parts and now its a circle


Now to put all my pieces together.  I started by first adhering down all the papers using my ATG gun


My next step was to adhere down my Letter V and my chipboard and title.  I also used the Bunny from the sticker sheet.


My last step was to add another sticker above the bunny, which reads "hello wild one", I also added the cute little Indian headwear sticker on the right-hand side of the photo and hey presto my layout is complete.


I hope you all enjoyed reading how this layout came together.  Please remember that the papers and stickers are all part of the core products for February and my chosen products for this layout were the lawn fawn die, the Lindy stamp gang embossing powder and the Inka Gold.  These products can all be purchased from Aunty Vera's and she has some special prices for all these lovely goodies, so please jump on her website and check out her goodies.  You will not be disappointed.

You can watch this layout come together in my video HERE.

Thanks you all so much and I hope to bring you another layout very soon.

Silvia 






2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...