Monday, February 4, 2019

It Was Only a Kiss - Scrapbook page by Silvia "Aussie Scrapper"

Hello Crafty Peeps!
A big welcome to our new team member Silvia who shares her first project with us today.  Silvia is a scrapbooker at heart so get ready for lots of scrapbook layouts throughout the year - YAY!!! I may get inspired to get caught up on my scrapping.... thanks Silvia!
Our 'love themed' featured products are great for Valentine's...... but for so many other occasions too. And aren't these papers just perfect for Silvia's father and son page?! I love it!!!





The second month of the year and time has passed very quickly.  The time for my very first blog has come around really quickly and it is with great excitement and nerves that I write this blog.  When I first saw this collection of goodies from Aunty Vera, I was so grateful that it was not very lovey dovey. February the month for love, but I like to celebrate all the different types of love we have in our lives.  I am a scrapbooker at heart so most of my posts will be scrapbook pages.

I usually start with a photo and my layouts are never planned, they just develop all by themselves..

These are the papers I picked mainly because I saw the stripes and inspiration hit me in the face...



Once my papers were picked, the layout came together in my head pretty quickly.  I got a piece of white and red card stock from my stash.  I knew I was going to do some mixed media so I added some gesso to my white card stock.  Once the gesso was dried  I trimmed about 2 mm from all 4 sides of my white card stock and using my ATG (purchased from Aunty Vera)  I matted the white card stock onto the red card stock
                             

I also matted my photos with two layers.  First layer I used some white cardstock and for the second layer I used some red card stock so that everything tied in nicely.



 Now, for the fun, messy bit, I then decided I wanted to add some mixed media, so pulling inspiration from the colours in my photo and the colours in the paper I picked the following distress oxides





 My next step was to do the "packaging technique".  My first colour was "faded Jeans" and I just put some ink onto some plastic, sprayed it with some water and kissed the white card stock with the plastic.  This creates these cool water mark effects and all sorts of lovely patterns.  It can look like a big mess but trust me it all works out in the end...I repeated this procedure with the other two colours.

I was dying to play with the Inka Gold I got in my evil enabled box so my next step was to decide how I was going to use this product.

 In all honesty I had no idea if this was going to go with the colours on my layout but I just knew I had to use it, so I went to look through my stencils and decided on this Kaisercraft stencil called "criss cross".  Loved how this product just brought everything together.  It was at this point that I knew I was going to love my layout.


My next step was to get the "wild at love" paper and cut it up into strips 


These strips I then proceeded to cut into various lengths.  My next step was to decide how I was going to attach these onto my page.  I used tiny dots of glue to get the placement right and then I dusted off my sewing machine and using some shiny gold thread I just used plain old straight stitch to secure them onto the page.  I love how this looked so being so happy with the gold in the stencilling and now my sewing, I decided that my border needed a touch of gold too, so I did some zig zag stitching to frame my layout.

gold stitching

From the "wild love" paper I fussy cut out the lovely bear and the cute little tiger.



It was at this point that I realised I had no idea what to title this page.  Once again I went to my stash and found this chipboard from Wow.


Another of my chosen products for my evil enabler box was this embossing powder from Lindy's Stamp Gang called "Angel Wings Gold".  I used some embossing ink to coat the chipboard then just covered the chipboard with the embossing powder, gave it a tap and shake to get rid of any excess powder then proceeded to melt the embossing powder with my heat gun.  I applied 3 applications and I am in love with this product..


The end is near and its time to put this layout together.  I start by first adhering my photo down using my ATG gun.  I used glue to adhere the chipboard title and on top of my title I glued down my little tiger I fussy cut out earlier.  I also glue down the cute bear to the right hand side of my photo and my layout is complete.


This layout came together very quickly for me all because I fell in love with the "wild at love" paper.
I love the little quote under the bear " Our love is Fierce".  I know how fierce my husband would get if anyone hurt his babies.   The reminded me of the fierce protection we feel for our children as parents.  

You can watch this layout come together in my video HERE.

Thanks you all so much and I hope to bring you another layout very soon.

Silvia 


1 comment:

  1. You do know Silvia I will be casing this page as it is brilliant.. Don't take this the wrong way but I love the simplistic look of this page and yet as you look more at it you can see all the techniques you have used.. I love it..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...