Tuesday, February 26, 2019

It Was Only A Kiss - Wendy's Fun Layout in My Picture Diary

Hello Crafty Friends!
here in Aunty Vera Land we are all firm believers that memory keeping doesn't only happen in a photo album. Today Wendy shares a wonderful layout from her Picture Diary..... what a fabulous idea!




Hello Everyone,

Today I thought I would like to have a play working in my Picture Diary. This is a handmade journal I made during a challenge recently and I started using it as a place to keep my family pictures, mainly of my grandchildren. I also wanted to try out some of the other items Aunty Vera had sent me this month: the Lawn Fawn's Valentines Border Die and the Kaisercraft Film Strip stencil.

What you will need:
* Valentine Border Die set
*Film Strip stencil from Lawn Fawns
*Tim Holtz Distress Ink-colour of your choice I used chipped saphire
*double-sided tape and wet glue
*scrap cardboard
*Photo Play Element Sticker Sheet
*...and of course your diary or journal.

Let's Get Started....!

 I used some white scrap cardboard to cut out the Valentine Border die which is such a very pretty die.  I used the die as a whole and didn't break it up. Using it on the scrap cardboard gave me the right size to add a little pocket in my diary. While I had my Big Shot out I also used the die to edge some coffee dyed papers. The edges turned out so lovely.


After the small amount of prep work, I grabbed my picture diary  and used glue to adhere my pocket on the right side page.  For my background I inked through the Film Strip stencil from Kaisercraft. I decided to use the Tim Holtz Chipped Saphire Distress Ink to stay in the bluish colours, which is throughout my diary. The stencil added a wonderful background detail to my page.


Then it was a matter of placing the photos I wanted to use of my granddaughter on the page. I did round the corners on the pictures and used a black gel pen to do some scrbbles around each picture. I made sure I left enough room to do some writing and as an added touch, I used some of the stickers from the Photo Play elements sticker sheet. I also had one set of lips left over from a previous project that I decided to use on the page as well. I like the way my layout turned out and each photo brings a wonderful memory for me with my cheeky little granddaughter.


You may like to watch the video process which is below:


Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...