Wednesday, February 27, 2019

It Was Only a Kiss - Silvia Aussie Scrapper's Awesome Godmother scrapbook layout

Hello Crafty Friends!
I love the way Silvia has used this month of love to create layouts featuring the people she loves most. And today's layout is just brilliant - celebrating her very special Godmother! Those flowers in the pot! Awesome!!!






Wow, I am really loving the core products that Aunty Vera put together, the papers are just so versatile.  Today I wanted to celebrate another very important person in my life my very own Fairy Godmother.  I have been truly blessed to have the best Godmother in the world so the month of February could not go by without me documenting the importance she has in my life.
I picked my photo and I knew immediately what paper I wanted to use.  This paper was perfect not only for my photos but for my godmother's personality,  she absolutely loves gardening and has always had a beautiful garden.


I was unsure how I was going to position my photos but in the end, I decided to matt the photos on some very light pink cardstock that I had in my scraps of paper.  I always like to use my scraps for matting my photos.  I then found this other scrap of paper which was left over from one of my previous layouts and is part of our February core product.  The paper is from Photoplay and its called "live wild"  I love this paper and I sadly now have none left. Its all used up


The layout is looking a bit too clean for my liking so out come the Distress Oxides and its time for a bit of mixed media.  To protect my paper I added some white gesso to my paper to the areas I knew I was going to add some colour to.  I then did the famous packaging technique and I also added some splatters.  Please do not worry it does look like a big mess but the end result is not bad at all.


On this layout, there are going to be a few layers to my project.  I was looking at the stamp set that came in our core products and I loved the swirls that were there so I thought yes a little bit of stamping is always fun so I grabbed a stamping block and had some stamping fun.


looking like a hot mess you might say but will I stop there?  One more layer.  I am now eyeing the Inka gold that I chose as my choice product and I am thinking oh yes some stencilling in gold would be perfect and I knew exactly what stencil I wanted to use.


I put this hot mess aside to dry and I am now going to work on my masterpiece that I have been dying to do.  It's my godmother so I definitely need flowers on this layout and I knew I wanted to make some with my new "toy" the flower soft.

I had some wire in my stash so I coloured the wire with some Nuvo green mouse and when the mouse was dry I used some strong double-sided tape to wrap around my wire and then dipped it into some flower soft, I used my finger to really squash the flower soft on to the tape.  I love the texture this gives and I must say I love my little creation. 


In my stash, I also had these printed pots plants that have been sitting there for well over a decade and I immediately knew I was going to use them on this layout so I picked out one pot plant and fussy cut it out.  I now have to adhere my little flowers to the pot somehow so I thought I would use this strong double sided tape and it was fantastic.  I Just added a strip of tape to the pot plant and then the wires stuck to the tape.  Once I was happy with the placement of my flower I added another strip of tape on top of the wires and this helped to adhere this to my page.


I glued down my matted photos and it was time to work on the title.  I did not have the right coloured thickers or letter in my stash so, in the end, I decided to use the word "awesome" that was a glittery bright green colour and alter it to suit my layout.  I did like the glittery green but I wanted to tone it down so of course, I used my chosen product the lovely "Inka gold".  I just used my fingers to rub it on the letters and I love the end result.

For the word Godmother, once again what I had did not work so I chose a font I liked in my thickers collection and then used some of my Nuvo mousse to change to colour to green and then I went over it with the Inka Gold so that it tied in with the layout.


The last step was to just put the layout together by glueing everything down.  Here my dear patient friends is the end product.  I hope you like it.  Now all I need is to have my fairy Godmother come and clean my craft room.









2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...