Saturday, February 23, 2019

It Was Only a Kiss - Aussie Scrapper Silvia's Love My Family Scrapbook Layout

Hello Crafty Friends
How great is it having a scrapper on the Team?
Family love is the theme to Silvia's project this week. I love the way she has incorporated so many products from her evil enabler box to create this mixed media layout!





Time is just flying past and I cannot believe this is my third layout for the month of February..the month of LOVE.. .I hope you are all spreading love to all friends and family and everyone.  I love this collection Aunty Vera picked and how versatile it is to celebrate all the different types of love.

For today's layout, I wanted to celebrate the love of family and I knew that I wanted to somehow incorporate the stamp that was part of the core products and I wanted to play with the flower soft that I chose...so off I went in search of a photo to scrap.  I knew that the photo would have to somehow coordinate with the red flower soft or red would have to be the contrasting colour.


Once I picked my photo, my next step was to pick the matching papers and I just fell in love with this paper from photoplay called "thief of hearts".  Very appropriately named because this little trio has most certainly stolen my heart.

Paper picked, and after a long thinking process, I decided mixed media was the way to go.  I go a piece of white cardstock from my stash and using my trimmer I  trimmed about half a centimetre off all four sides so that I could matt it on this paper.


I felt so guilty wasting all this beautiful paper for just matting so once again using my trimmer I gutted the inside of the paper so I could use it again somehow on this project.


How do I use the rest of this paper? hmm, let's see what is in the evil enabler box from Aunty Vera...
Oh! look the lawn fawn die set.  Inspiration hits and off I go to get my cuttlebug.

First I mount my photo on some white card to help it pop. I chose to once again use the hearts die from the valentines border die set.  I wanted to create a border of hearts using the remainder of my paper. These dies are about 1mm too long for the cuttlebug. When I put it through the machine they skewed up and my border on the top right went wonky.  I let out a few good words and then decided to just go with the flow and make do.. I like the end the result and I like that it's not perfect

I am now eyeing off the sticker sheet and I just love the XOXO but its the wrong colour.  No worries I will change it to suit my needs.  I get my gesso and start applying a layer of gesso, for some reason I start patting the gesso with my finger and this creates all these beautiful little bubble designs and my brain starts thinking steel and concrete. I get my heat tool and dry my bubbly gesso.  To colour my XOXO I use a layer of distress oxides in Iced spruce but that does not give me the look I want so I then apply some Mister Huey's colour mist in the Silver.  LOVE IT!
I now wanted to add some silver to my layout but I had no silver paper or a nice shade of grey cardstock so being me, I get to work.  Mister Huey is saying use me use me so I get a piece of white scrap cardstock and paint it silver.  This will now become a matt for beautifully cut border hearts and it will help to make the hearts stand out.


I am now starting to remember that I wanted to use the stamp from Pink Fresh called "Bouquet of Hearts" and I remembered that I wanted to play with the flower soft.  I decided that I would just stamp the image and see where it leads to.  I decided to use some old markers I had in my stash to colour in the image and then I got then that the idea to add the red flower soft to all the hearts.  I decided the best way to do this way to paint some glue onto the heart using an old paint brush and then sprinkle the flower soft onto the heart.  I let this dry naturally while I went for a walk and then I fussy cut the image out


My next step is to work on the white cardstock so I decide on the packaging technique using some spray mist.  I needed to add some orange to tie in with my daughter's tee shirt and some green.  I found a stencil in my stash and added some texture with some embossing paste.


The layout is finally coming together.  I have adhered my photo to my lovely new background paper and once again from the sticker I chose the navy blue banner to add to right-hand corner with the very appropriate words "love you beary much".  I have also adhered the XOXO.
I randomly added some glue about the page and then sprinkle some of the flower soft.


The title will be on the right corner and I just chose the word love from the sticker sheet.  I added the curved arrow and colourful arrows up the top are also from the sticker sheet.  Down the bottom, I just added the two words my family from the Tim Holtz word sticker book and to tie it in with the layout I just painted the words in orange.


My final touches were to add the balloon and love heart banner which is also from the sticker sheet and of course I adhered down my stamped image of the lovely bouquet of flowers that I am presenting to my family.


That my friends is the completed layout.  I hope you enjoyed the process and remember that the papers, sticker sheet, the stamp set, the lovely valentines border die as well as the flower soft are all from Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft and can all be found at discounted prices on her website, so happy shopping and till my next layout I wish you all the very best of everything.

Please click HERE to direct you to my Youtube process video.

xx Silvia









2 comments:

  1. You make me want to scrapbook Silvia๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ so inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the process changed when you were creating one thing and it ended up different.. I think that is how our crafter mind's works..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...