Friday, October 11, 2019

Nervous at Night - Donna's Shadow Box Halloween Script





Hi all,

Can you believe it is nearly Halloween, I love Halloween, it brings out the 'strange' in me hehe.
When I got this fantastic stencil from Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft I thought I have to use it in a project where it is the main feature. I started out thinking of several things but kept coming back to a shadow box and so it was.. 
I painted my chipboard shadow box (and another item for a different project) with black gesso and left it to dry.. The chipboard shadow box is from Twiddleybitz and I have had it for awhile..


Now for my favourite bit, using the  Halloween Script Stencil  


Using Nuvo Glimmer Paste -  Golden Crystal  I stencilled the 6 inch x 6 inch panel drying each side before doing the other side..  


How pretty does this look..


I assembled the shadow box per instructions and used only minimal embellishments as I wanted the stencil to be what your eye is drawn to. 
 Two skull fragments , a few spiders climbing over a couple of pumpkins, a broom in the corner 
and it looks fantastic.

 

I thought the corner was too bare so I place a tree on it from the Karen Burniston Halloween Scene die.


I loved this skeleton that came in the Hey Pumpkin Ephemera Pieces pack and wanted to use him on this project.  


I kept going back to this guy as I so wanted him on here but he was just too dark, so I took to him with the scissors and now he looks so much better don't you think.!! 
And have a look at the BRAD I hung him from, it is gorgeous..


The finished Shadow Box. I added a Trick or Treat Ephemera Piece for the banner and a couple of bats. I utterly adore this stencil and paste together. Oh and another of my favourite items this month is the Halloween Clipping Stickers, they are brilliant.. (the photo does not do justice to the box.)


I hope I have inspired you
to create glorious things.
Hugs
Donna xx


You can purchase the items HERE
and check out the facebook group Crafty Vera and Friends to see everything the Creative Team will be creating throughout October.

............................................................................................................................................................

My FaceBook page Donna's Fun Stuff HERE 
My Pinterest page Donmaree HERE
My Youtube Channel HERE
My Blog HERE
And don't to forget to say hi on Instagram donna.triffitt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...