Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Nervous at Night - Tina's Trick or Treat Candy Holder - Part 1



Hi everyone, as we are getting closer to Halloween, I thought I would make something for the little (and not so little) monsters, witches, ghosts and so on, who love to trick or treat.
Today I have a Trick or Treat Candy Holder. This is another two part project, part one will be the holder and I will show you how I fill it in part two.


I started by cutting my chipboard pieces as shown below.


To make the handle on my center piece I used my Santoro cutting mat.


I placed the mat over the chipboard piece and traced and cut the handle with my cutting knife and then I smoothed the inside with  fine sandpaper.




Next I painted all the edges with black paint.


I started with the inside center piece first. Trace and cut two pieces in the patterned paper, (I like to cut mine slightly smaller because I like the border around all the edges). I also cut two strips of black cardstock 2'' x 8'', scored down the 2'' side at 1''. Fold and burnish well.


Attach the strips to the bottom of the center piece as shown below.


Then add the patterned paper and leave aside for later.


To make up the holder I cut four strips of black cardstock 2'' x 8'' and another four strips 2'' x 6'', score down the 2'' side at 1'', fold and burnish.


Next I took my front, back and side pieces and marked the two sides at 1/2'' intervals and punched the holes with my crop-o-dile.


I cut my pieces in the paper from the collection and inked the edges with Distress Ink - Black Soot.


Add one of the smaller black strips the bottom of the side piece, although the writing is upside down the picture below is correct.


Add the decorative paper to the outside and poke the holes through.


Attach this piece to the base with the black strip fitting under the base piece. Reinforce with another strip on the inside.


Add the inside patterned paper and repeat on all the other pieces making sure to attach the black strip first.




Now it's time to add the center holder. I already marked a center line, just add glue to the strips, push down in place and cover with two pieces of the patterned paper.


To decorate the front I used the Sizzix -Bigz Die - Handmade to cut out the words Trick or Treat.


The cat is from my stash.


I used the Tim Holtz- Idea -ology Trimmings - Halloween to thread through the holes, and added some of the cut-aparts from the collection to finish the holder.




For the finishing touches I added the bat from the Crate Paper - Hey Pumpkin - Ephemera Pieces and the candy holder is finished.


I hope you all enjoyed this project, I will be back with part two on how I filled it.

Here is a list of the products for this month.


Core Products

Crate Paper 12 x 12 sheets - Hey Pumpkin
Tim Holtz - Idea-ology -Story Sticks - Halloween

Chosen Products

Tim Holtz - Idea-ology - Clippings Stickers - Halloween
Crate Paper - Hey Pumpkin - Ephemera Pieces
Tim Holtz -Idea-ology -Adornments - Jolly Roger
Tim Holtz - Idea-ology - Trimmings - Halloween
Stampers Anonymous - Etcetera Tags Mini
Sizzix - Tim Holtz - Bigz Die Set - Branches
Authentique - Twilight 12 x 12 Sticker Sheet - Details Two


All the products listed can be purchased HERE at a discounted price

Thank You and Happy Crafting
Tina xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...