Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Coming to Town - Aussie Scrappers "Santa Baby" Layout




.....And, so the silly season starts... Where has the year gone?  I don't know about you guys but I now go into hibernation.  I will not be stepping outside my house except to go to work and grocery shopping.  I will avoid shopping centres and crowds at all cost.  I am one of those sick people who finishes their Christmas shopping by the end of October,  I just need someone now to wrap it all up for me.

Vera once again did an excellent job picking the evil enabler goodies for the month of December.  The papers from Echo Park are gorgeous. The idea for this layout came to me once I saw the gorgeous Tim Holtz thinlets die set I purchased from Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft.   I was so excited that as soon as I finished the unboxing I went straight into playtime..

I chose one of the cardstocks from the Echo Park "A Cozy Christmas" cardstock collection and my second cardstock came from my stash as I was looking for a colour red that matched my daughter's outfit.


I trimmed 2mm from all four sides of my beige cardstock as I am going to matt this against the red cardstock.  I also used the red cardstock to matt my photos.  The photos I chose are not the best quality so I converted the background to black and white and left my daughter in colour.  Normally, I would not scrap these photos but they are the only ones I have of her wearing this cute little outfit.


I thought I was going to do lots of mixed media on this layout so I have used clear gesso on the cardstock that is why it looks buckled in the picture.  Once it dried it was fine.

I took my new favourite stamp (which is a must for anyone crafting this Christmas) it's the Carta Bella "A Very Merry Christmas" and I stamped my beige cardstock completely changing the look of it. 


I played around with the arrangement of my photos and when I had decided on the placement I chose some of the ephemera from Echo Park Ephemera pack "A Cozy Christmas"


I wanted some subtle highlights around my photos so I took a poker dot stencil, some embossing ink from Ranger and this Distress Glitter rock candyThis adds some great sparkle without being over the top.


The layout was coming along really quickly but the next part took the longest and it was this dieset that was the inspiration for this whole layout.  I purchased these two die sets from Aunty Vera.  I picked the green cardstock from the echo park cardstock collections and then I used my scraps of paper for the second die set.


Finally, I put this layout together and I must admit that I really like the end result.  The best thing is if you have a santa baby of your own.  You too can click on this link and purchase all these lovely goodies and recreate this same layout.


here is the link to the youtube process video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pd3xdzGfIU&t=2s







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...