Monday, December 2, 2019

Stars in The Bright Sky - Donna's Woodland Scene




Hi all, 
NO NO, it's December, What !! I haven't even started my Christmas Cards yet..
Well it might be store brought ones this year EKK !
Anyway people have a wonderful Christmas and may Santa bring you everything you ask for..

 I have to say a HUGE thank you to Aunty Vera for accepting me as part of your Creative Team, I am greatly honoured to be a part of such a talented team.. 

For my last lot of projects of 2019 for Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft (AVSC), I decided to go mostly for 'off the page' Christmas decorations..  For this project I am using the Woodland Scene by Kaisercraft..  I gave all the pieces a coat of Gesso back and front..  



I then chose different papers to cover all the pieces as shown.


Using a sanding block, I gave all the pieces a firm sand around the edges and on the front of the papers.


I love all things Distress and chose these Crayons to do some shading.. 


Drawing a line around the windows and door, simply rub with your finger, I added lighter colours when I thought it was too dark.


I also placed shading on all the pieces where they joined the base.


I love the papers and thought this looked brilliant but wasn't what I had in mind when I started. 
So I sit there thinking what is it I want exactly and bang it comes to me..


I need a background... And I had the perfect piece of paper.. 
I cut The paper down to match the base and adhered it to a piece of cardboard..I then adhered it to the wooden base at the back..  BUT.. I still felt it needed something and voila snow was created..


Yes this is what I was looking for and it all just fell into place..


Popping up the banner and angel from the sticker sheet with 3D foam tape finished off the background lovely..


I love the Tim Holtz Clipping Stickers - Christmas Noel  and using 3 D foam tape placed some on the houses and a christmas tree..


I loved this little book sticker and decided to use it at the front of the woodland scene. But of course I needed some snow for that as well. 


Finished Woodland Scene..


Or So I thought... 
Did you notice the button angel on top of the tree..


YEP !! I place tiny lights behind the houses and the paper background..


Looks pretty doesn't it..


Now this is what it looks like when it is dark..


NOW it's finished (I think) lol.. 


Isn't this little quote wonderful.. 


Maybe I should have photographed this in the day time lol


I hope I have inspired you
to create glorious things.
Hugs
Donna xx

Products 
You can purchase the items HERE
and check out the facebook group Crafty Vera and Friends to see everything the Creative Team will be creating throughout December

.............................................................
My FaceBook page Donna's Fun Stuff HERE 
My Pinterest page Donmaree HERE
My Youtube Channel HERE
My Blog HERE
And don't to forget to say hi on Instagram donna.triffitt

3 comments:

  1. So wonderful. I love all the details!! What a great piece to display in your home. XxA

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Donna. Those lights are the bomb.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...