Thursday, December 19, 2019

Stars in the Bright Sky - Gina's Star Album




Christmas is almost here and I hope that everyone has finished their Christmas shopping because it seems like the whole country is in the malls these past few days. If you haven't here's another quick and easy craft project that makes a lovely gift.

To start, I've cut 7 pieces of the Echo Park Away in a Manger Coordinating Solids Papers at 10 1/2" x 5 1/2" and 7 pieces at 8" x 5". I ran out of the coordinating papers so I had to use 1 each of the DSP.


I then chose 7 pieces from the Echo Park Away in a Manger collection and cut them at 7" x 4 1/2"


Next I folded all 21 pieces in half and chose one of each size to go together so I have 7 sets of papers.


I then put a strip of glue on the right outer edge of the middle piece and stuck it to the right hand side of the largest piece. I glued the smallest piece to the middle piece in the same way. The pictures might make it easier to understand.


Next I put a strip of glue on the outside left edge of the small piece and closed the middle piece over it and then put a strip of glue on the edge of the medium piece and closed the large piece over it. Do this for all 7 sets


This is what you should end up with.



I then cut out the 3x4 cards from the Echo Park Away in a Manger 3x4 Journaling Cards paper and stuck them on the left of each page and on the right I stuck photo mats using the Echo Park Away in a Manger coordinating paper pack which I cut at 3"x 4" and punched the corners with my corner punch.



I then stuck all the 7 pieces together, front to back, using double sided tape.


I stuck a piece of ribbon from my stash round the front and back to act as a closure.


For the front cover I have cut a piece of Echo Park Away in a Manger Love Floral paper at 5"x 5", the back of Echo Park Away in a Manger 3x4 Journaling Cards paper at 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" an a 4x4 card from the Echo Park Away in a Manger Journaling Cards paper.


I then layered them on top of the front cover and stuck a sticker from the Echo Park Away in a Manger sticker sheet on the top left. On the bottom right, I stuck the star from the Echo Park Away in a Manger Ephemera pack.


I used the same measurements for the back using both sides of the Echo Park Away in a Manger Heavenly Hosts at 5x5 and 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 inches an another 4x4 journaling card. I also stuck stickers on the top left and bottom right from the sticker sheet.


Here's a look at the pages when it is opened up.


And here's how it looks from the top.


Here's a very quick video flipthrough of the completed star album.

Thank you for all the support and encouragement throughout the year and to the rest of the creative team and our dear Aunty Vera for making this such a wonderful year in Aunty Vera land. See you again next year for more shenanigans. Till then stay awesome!

Gina xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...