Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Going on a Bear Hunt - Suzanne's Two Mixed Media Tags

Hello Crafty Friends!

Welcome to another crafty week of Bear Hunts and Weekend Adventures!
Today, Suzanne creates a pair of gorgeous mixed media tags.
Enjoy!




Hello everyone.  The beautiful August kit from Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft is a treasure trove of wonderful crafty bits and pieces and the fabulous BoBunny Weekend Adventures papers.  For this project I have decided to make two mixed media tags.

I cut two large tags from chipboard and painted both of them with gesso several times.  I then gave them a light wash with the Ken Oliver Color Burst Cerulean Blue and water.

I used the sizzix bigz L tag die for the tags.

I  mixed some of the color burst Cerulean Blue with some texture paste and used a palette knife to put a border around the outside of the tags

a mixture of colour burst Cerulean Blue and texture paste

mixed together

I used a palette knife to smear the texture paste around the tags

I cut two more tags from the 'road trip' (reverse side) which is a lovely yellow background with small houses all over it.

two yellow tags from the August paper collection

I cut about 2mm off each side of the tag before I distressed all the edges of the yellow tags so that you would be able to see the blue textured background of the bottom tags.

distressed edges


I glued these distressed tags on top of the other tags

Yellow tags glued to the base tags
I then painted the yellow paper with translucent gesso so that I could add paints, etc to this layer without it soaking into the paper,

Translecent Gesso is very helpful when you want to add paint to a layer but don't want it to soak into the paper underneath

I made a wash with the Cerulean Blue and the Chartreuse and coloured some cardstock for the leaves for these tags.



coloured cardstock for the leaves
I used a stencil and texture paste to add some texture to the tags in random places

stencil and texture medium
 I made of mixture of water, Cerulean Blue and Gesso to splatter the tags with


I splattered the tags with the gesso mixture using a fan brush


I used some skeleton leaf dies and some swirly leaf dies to add to the tags


I also used the beautiful Prima flowers which were in the August kit.


I found two sentiments from the paper collection to add to each tag.  "Bring on the sunshine" and "Stop and smell the flowers".  I layered each sentiment on some cardstock that I had coloured with the Cerulean Blue Color Burst



I then started layering some of the diecuts onto the tags


I also coloured some gauze with the color burst - both Chartreuse and Cerulean blue and layered the sentiments on some foam tape before adding them to the bottom of each tag.


Then, it was time to add the prima flowers from the kit and I also added a few from my own stash that I had made previously.  I always lay these elements out and arrange them how I would like them to look before gluing them down.


I then added two yellow bling pieces from  the Docrafts "pocket full of posies" to each tag and some of the yellow ribbon from the Docrafts "folk flora" ribbon pack. Both are from the August kit.

Here are the finished tags



Here are the two finished tags



Thank you so much for having a look at my tags.

You can see the video of how I made these tags HERE.

You can get the August kit from Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft HERE.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...