Sunday, February 11, 2018

Love and Art - Lolly's Tag Slot Valentine's Card

Hello Crafty Friends!
Lolly joins us for her first Valentine Guest spot today.... creating a gorgeous card that features some cut-aparts from that fun Carta Bella 'Hello Sweetheart' collection.......




I'm so excited to be a guest designer for the month of February!  Valentine's Day and hearts are so fun to create with, and this paper collection is a winner -- it's so punny!   I love how many cut-aparts there are in the kit, and I wanted to incorporate more than one of them into one card, so I designed a tag holder in Silhouette Design Studio with this project in mind!


It has three slots which are rounded on each end to help prevent tearing.  I was blessed with some solid card stock in my kit, so I used this pale pink to match the papers.

Then I cut a mat from the patterned paper, slightly larger than the tag holder, and I sewed the two together, around the border of the tag holder.


I matted that onto a white card, slightly larger than the patterned paper.  I chose some solid burgundy paper that I had in my stash to accent the bottom of the tag holder, and I used the Lawn Fawn heart die strip to cut out a string of hearts.  It's so CUTE, and those tiny hearts can be used to sprinkle around other projects.


Once I glued that in place, I added a strip of white paper lace and a strip of burgundy organza ribbon over it.


Then I colored a stamped circular image from my stash and punched it out.


The color of this image got lost over the burgundy ribbon, so I glued a little pom pom border around it.


 Then I chose three 3X4 inch cut aparts as my cards to to in the slots



and rounded the corners and attached ribbon pulls to the tops of the cut aparts with Tim Holtz' Tiny Attacher.




It's such a fun card when it's all put together.


I "soda" had a great time on this card!  Thank you for following along!  The process video can be seen HERE.
and you can buy this paper collection HERE.

Love and art from Lolly!
http://www.LollyPalooza.net

3 comments:

  1. Love it. Must get that card slot svg file from you xxA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Such a gorgeous project, loving that paper and just love red and pink together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I think I need to get a silhouette. Been eyeing off the cameo for a while 😉

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...