Friday, February 16, 2018

Love & Art: Lolly's Offset Heart Card

Hello Crafty Friends!

Lolly has made a gorgeous set of Love themed cards using her Guest Designer Goodies.... so I thought we'd have some fun. Welcome to Lolly's Love Card Marathon!! We'll be showcasing Lolly's Love Cards right through the weekend.... so be sure to check back every day :) 



Hello, everybody!  I'm so happy to share the next card in my Valentine's Day card series, using the guest designer kit I received from Aunty Vera!  I started off with one idea but then ran in another direction.  I had planned to make a shaker, but . . .

First I cut an A2 sized piece of solid black card stock from the kit, and then I cut a rectangle of the large floral print paper, 4 X 5.25", and using the Cameo, I cut a heart out of the top portion.


I was planning on raising that floral card for a shaker, and flip the heart shape over and glue it under the window for contrast.  I decided on a different card this time, though.

I edged all of the pieces with a gold DecoMarker.  It really made all the pieces pop!


Then I used a tape runner to attach the floral card to the black card,


and I used foam dots to raise the heart and adhere it, off-centered, for interest.



I love the little wood pieces that came in the kit, and I painted a perfume bottle and crown with gold metallic acrylic paint -- not sure where to glue them on, but I knew I could use them. 



I cut a small section of that little decorative strip -- you know, the one that's on the END of each sheet of patterned paper -- and I gold-edged that and then cut a strip of black stock to go under it.  Of course, I needed to gold-edge that as well, because you can't have enough gold edges!



I layered the strips on the bottom of the card and added a gold-edged pink heart I had punched out, along with the gold wood perfume bottle.



Then, along that little end strip -- where it has the name of the paper collection -- I cut that name off and gold edged IT, too!  I might have an addiction here.  Anyway, I glued some gold eyelash trim behind it and popped it off the heart, adding the gold wooden crown above it.



 and DONE!



These papers are gorgeous and so easy to create with.  I feel like a genius working with them, but really it's the papers that are smart.  I'm just along for the ride!  :)

Thank you for crafting along with me.  Be sure to check out these products HERE.
and the process video HERE.


Love & art,
Lolly
http://www.LollyPalooza.net

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...