Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Sarah's Take on Project-52 - Memory Keeping the Everyday

Hello Crafty Friends!

Did you see our new Project Life cards on the blog yesterday? They are such fun designs!
Today Guest Designer Sarah is sharing a couple of Project Life page spreads using these cards. I hope you find memory keeping inspiration!......



This year I decided to go all in with my pocket-page scrapping and do Project Life as it was intended - to document life! I find that in the past I’ve only scrapped the ‘big moments’ of life and not all the in-between bits. I also spend much longer than was intended on every pocket-page spread I do. But this year will be different! I’ve decided to document all 52 weeks of 2017 in a Project Life album. Some weeks might only have 1 page with a couple of photos, others might have 5 or 6 spreads! The point is I want to use up all the old pocket-page cards I have lying around and document what an ordinary life has to offer.  

So without further ado, my first project is a title page for 2017. I created this using the ‘All About Me’ collection from Project Life. It’s such a fun, bright collection and I thought it would be perfect to start the New Year with. 



I wanted the year ‘2017’ to be the focus of this page so I set myself another challenge - no photos! The result is a simple page that focuses on the New Year ahead - I even jotted down a few goals for the year. I also paper pieced the Prima doll Audrey onto the page. It’s my first time using the Prima Doll dies and I have to say I love them! No more fussy cutting for me! 







After creating my title page it was time to get down to it and create my first spread for week 1 of 2017. I used the gorgeous ‘Be Fearless’ collection from Project Life and had enough photos to do a double page spread. On the left I used the earth tone cards and on the right I decided to opt for some sparkle! 



 The first page documents a new baby girl that my friend gave birth to recently. Isn’t she precious?! I wanted to use a layout that allowed vertical photo placement, however this presented a problem - almost all of the 3x4” cards were also vertical and wouldn’t fit in the horizontal places! So I fixed this by cutting some cards up - like the ‘Oh Darling’ sentiment and the gridded background with the dandelion - and layering them over other cards. Not only did this solve the problem, but I love the depth of layers it gives!  







For the second page I kept the layers to a minimum because I think the gold foil and glitter pages speak for themselves. This page is a bit more mundane - it celebrates a nice dinner at home with my husband and a recent ATC I drew. But I love that something so ordinary can be remembered so beautifully! 




Thank you for joining me today
Sarah xx



3 comments:

  1. Great goals! Fabulous project. Will you be sharing your weekly spread on your blog? I think this will motivate me greatly!! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply fabulous sarah
    Its always so much fun to view yr projects
    Well done
    Looks like you had loads of fun

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...