Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Songs about Rainbows - Sue's Winter Journal Page




Hi Everyone and welcome to my second Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft Creative Team project for the month of August. I really hope you will give this one a go. It looks more impressive than it is to do.

The products I used for this project were;
Dina Wakley Media Acrylic Media Paints (Heather, white, umber and Sedona).
Tim Holtz Distress Collage Medium - matte
Ciao Bella – The Sound of Winter A4 Rice Paper Sheet - When Snow Falls Nature Listens
Tim Holtz Layering Mini Stencils Set 35
Some Scrap book pages and music paper for background texture.
Lindy’s Gang Magical shaker – Frozen Jack Frost
Dina Wakley Media Journal

The first step is to prepare the page with some gesso, this helps the paints and products adhere to the page.  

 
Next to give the page some texture tear up the scrap book pages and music paper and glue it down with the Tim Holtz Distress Collage Medium, making sure you put some underneath and on top of the paper.

 
Make sure you dry this layer well.   The next step is to use an old credit card to scrap some of the Dina Wakley White paint over the top, the layer needs to be fairly thin so you can still see the text underneath.  This adds to the texture of the page.  Let this layer dry.

 

Taking the Dina Wakely Heather paint put a small amount in a pallet and sponge it all over the page using a make up sponge.   


I then added some sponged Dina Wakley Sedona paint, this is to blend with the colour of the fox from the The Sound of Winter A4 Rice Paper Sheet. 



Using a water brush trace the elements from the rice paper.


 
These can then be torn out and placed on the page.  When you are happy with the placement use the matte medium to stick them to the page.  Make sure it is thoroughly dry before you continue. 


To blend the rice paper pieces into the page I mixed some Dina Wakely Umber paint into the Dina Wakely white paint, I tried to make it a similar shade to the rice paper background.  Then I sponged it onto the page, making sure I sponged onto the edges of the rice paper.  Dry the page. 


 
My next step was to mix some of the Lindy’s Gang magical powder into the texture paste.  I applied it through the bubbly looking Tim Holtz Layering Mini Stencil.  

 
Because I thought the white was a little too white I decided to mix some more grey using the Dina Wakely umber and white paint and sponge it over the texture paste.

 
When I was happy with that I dried the page once again and mixed some of the Dina Wakely white paint with lots of water and sprayed it over the page. 

 
I used my label maker to make a sentiment and used 3D mounting pieces to a add it to my page.
I love how this page turned out, it feels so wintery to me and because we don’t really have snow where I live it feels somehow magical.

I hope you give this a try.  Please click HERE for the process video.




Until next time, have a lovely day.
Sue

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...