Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Songs About Rainbows - Gina's Envelope Album



Hey everyone for my project this week I decided to make an envelope album using some Kraft C6 envelopes from my stash.

To start with I cut 2 pieces of chipboard 1/4 inch larger than the envelopes and covered them with the papers from the Crate Paper Magical Forest 6x8 paper pad.

I took another patterened paper from the same pad and cut it to the same height as the covers and at 2 1/2 inches across. I scored it on the 2 1/2 inch side at 1 inch and 1 1/2 inches.

I then used the We R Memory Keepers Scallop Lace Edge punch to punch the scallop edge on both sides.

The half inch in the middle forms the spine so stick the 2 inch flaps on the front and back cover of the book as shown.

Now it's time to stick the envelopes together. Put double sided tape on the flap of one envelope and stick the back of another envelope onto it making sure you line them up and the other flap is facing the same way when you turn it over.

Repeat this process until you have stuck all your envelopes together. I used 7 envelopes but I think it might work better with 10.

Next put double sided tape on the back of the first envelope and stick it on the inside of the cover page. The pages should be facing the right.

Stick the last envelope to the back by putting double sided tape on the flap and your album is ready to decorate.

Here are some of the pages that I have decorated; for this one I used one of the scraps for the pocket on the left and made a little belly bad so you tuck some notes in and inside the envelope is a photo of my daughter at school and a 3x4 card from the Crate Paper Magical Forest Willow paper. On the right, I have used the Crate Paper Magical Forest Sunlight paper cut at 1/8 smaller than the envelope and a page from the 6x8 paper pad on top of it.

On this page, I have another scrap piece on the left with a sticker from the Crate Paper Magical Forest 6x12 cardstock stickers. The base on the right is Crate Paper Magical Forest Wildflower paper and I have made a tuck spot using one of the cut aparts from the Crate Paper Magical Forest Always paper.

All the pages on the left have a photograph and a 3x4 card in them. You could also choose to stick photographs on the left. The base on the left here is the other side of the Crate Paper Magical Forest Wildflower paper and I have used one of the 3x4 cards to make a pocket. The sticker used are from the 6x12 sticker sheet.

The base for the next one is from the Crate Paper Magical Forest Discover paper and I have made a little pocket at the bottom in which I stuck a 3x4 card.

This last one has the Crate Paper Magical Forest Wishes paper as the base and a page from the 6x8 paper pad on top of it.

I really love how easy this was to put together and it makes a great way to store photos. You could easily add more than one in each envelope if you like. 

Thanks for following along with me and see you again in a week.

Gina xx

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...