Friday, August 7, 2020

Songs About Rainbows - Gina's Magical Forest Folio



Hi everyone hope you are all having a lovely winter with lots of warm cuppas and soups and staying safe and well. This week I am making a Folio using the Photoplay Folio 1 kit and the beautiful Crate Paper Magical Forest papers.


This is how the Photoplay Folio kit comes and there are instructions on how to put it together so I will not go though the instructions.


To start, I inked all the edges of the Folio with my Kaisercraft Vintage ink from my stash. I then chose some papers from the Crate Paper Magical Forest 6x8 paper pad which I used on the base pages.



Next, I added the pockets on the left pages as per the instructions and inked the edges and covered them with some more paper from the 6x8 paper pad.


I then cut some of the 3x4 cards from the Crate Paper Magical Forest Willow paper which I backed onto some cream cardstock from my stash to make photomats. These will go into the pockets.


This is the other side of the Folio with the envelope pocket. I used one of the stickers from the Crate Paper Magical Forest 6x12 stickers as a closure for the flap.


Now let's make an envelope to go into the pocket at the back. I cut my cream cardstock at 4 1/2" x 10 1/2" and scored it horizontally at 4" and 9" and vertically at 1/2" and 4".


I cut off the top and bottom 1/2" and 4" flaps and folded and scored the rest.


I then chose some more papers from the Crate Paper Magical Forest 6x8 paper pad to cover the envelope.


I cut two 1 inch circles with my circle punch and added them to the top flap and the centre with a brad from my stash. I tied them closed with some twine.

 
I added some of the 3x4 photo mats in the envelope and stuck some paper on the inside flap.


I am also making a folder to go in one of the pockets on the left. To make this folder, I started with my cream cardstock which I cut a 4" x 10" and scored and folded at 5 inches.


I cut another piece at 3 1/2" x 4" to make the pocket and cut off a bit from the top diagonally.


Cover them with the designer paper and stick the pocket on.


I used some of the stickers from the Crate Paper Magical Forest Sticker Sheet to decorate the front of the folder.


Here are some more photo mats I made using the Crate Paper Magical Forest Always paper.


I added some of them into the folder and decorated the inside with some more stickers from the Crate Paper Magical Forest 6x12 sticker sheet.


Here is the folder with all the extras added in.


This is the front of the folder which I decorated with some words I cut out from the Crate Paper Magical Forest Wishes paper , a 3x4 card and the Tim Holtz Idea-ology Butterfly adornments. I have inked the edges of  the words and the 3x4 card with my Kaisercraft Vintage ink.


Thank you for following along with me and see you again soon. Till then stay warm and cozy :)

Gina xx

3 comments:

  1. Love this and looking forward to doing one or two lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. Love your folio. Can you please please please do a tutorial so we can craft along with you??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your folio is so very pretty Gina, love it xox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...