Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Like A Modern Man - Gina's Stair Step Card

Hello Crafty Friends!
What a great card from Gina today!! I love all the details on each step.... you could easily make this card using any other themed papers and embellises (I'm thinking Christmas here crafty folks!)



Hey everyone, this week I decided to make a stair step card. I've seen a few on Pinterest but I decided to use my own measurements to make this one.

I started with the Ultimate crafts Chasm cardstock and cut it into 2 pieces, one 6x12 inches and one 6x10 inches.

Lay the 6x12 piece horizontally and score at 2", 4", 7 1/2" and 11". Score the 6x10 cardstock across at 5" and fold.

For the 6x12 card, fold the 2" up, 4"down, 7 1/2" up and 11"down as shown.


Put double sided tape on the inside strip of the 3/4" piece and glue it to the inside of the 6x10 card. You now have the base of your stair step card ready.


I've cut 3 pieces of Gentleman's Emporium 9A paper at 1.7" x 5.7", 3.3" x 5.7" and 4.65" x 5.7" and stuck them to the front of each step.


I then cut 3 pieces of Gentleman's Emporium 9B paper at 1.6 x 5.6", 3.2" x 5.6" and 4.55" x 5.6" and stuck them over the 9A papers.


For the inside, I cut two pieces of Gentleman's Emporium 5A paper at 4.65" x 5.7" each and stuck them on. I'm leaving this as is. I won't be doing anything else on the inside.


Next I die cut the clock from the Graphic 45 square tag and clock die set onto the Gentleman's Emporium 01 paper. I cut the frame and the face on the 01A paper and the hands on the 01B paper


I attached the hands to the centre circle using a brad from my stash and stuck the clock on the left side of the middle step.


I wanted something next to the clock so I cut the Ace Card from Gentleman's Emporium 12A paper and stuck it on the right. I then fussy cut the boys from Gentleman's Emporium 11A paper and stuck them on the left side of the first step.


I cut the "Have"Strength" from the Gentleman's Emporium 12A paper and glued it on an off-cut from Gentleman's Emporium 5A paper. I then glued that next t the boys on the first step. On the last step I have stuck the 1897 spiced rum cut apart and the 1897 playing card from Gentleman's Emporium 12A paper. Below that I have stuck the Beardedness quote from the Gentleman's Emporium 10B paper and then layered the pocket watch which I fussy cut from the Gentleman's Emporium 05A paper on it.


Here's a closer look at the last step. I also added the gentleman frame from Gentleman's Emporium 10B paper.


For the final touches I added the "Aged in Oak" fussy cut from Gentleman's Emporium 09B paper over the "Have Strength" on the first step and then stuck 2 arrows from the Ken Oliver Vintage Compass and mini arrows next to it. I also fussy cut a fountain pen from one of the papers which I stuck on the right of the middle step over the card. My stair step card is now ready.


Here's another picture of the card laid flat and ready to post.


Thank you for following along with me and see you again soon with my final creation for the month.
Till then stay awesome!

Gina xx

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...