Friday, September 13, 2019

Like a Modern Man scrapbook layout "My dad" by Aussie Scrapper

Hello Crafty Friends!
Time to another scrapbooking layout! Don't the Gentleman's Emporium papers lend themselves so well to male themed layouts? I think (I hope! lol) that Silvia is having heaps of fun creating her pages this month......




Hello once again, my dear crafty friends.  I'm so excited spring is finally here, my favourite season.
I have my second layout using these gorgeous papers from Couture Creations from the "Gentleman's Emporium collection".  These paper have a very male theme.  My first layout was of my grandfather as a young man and so I have followed up with a layout of my dad who happens to be my grandfather's son...

After choosing a photo that I thought would go well with the paper, it was time to look through these gorgeous papers and make a selection. This paper will be my main background.


I trimmed all four sides of this paper approximately 0.5cm as I had decided to matt this paper onto some grey cardstock.



I then chose my second piece of patterned paper.


Oh, this poor piece of gorgeous paper.  I felt so guilty tearing into it, but I must say I like the end result.  Once all the guilty tearing was done, I inked all around the edges in grey ink.


Time to work on my photo and instead of doing my usual matt, this time I decided to be brave and do some laying.  In my scraps, I had a beautiful piece of paper that I cut into various pieces to form a layered look for my photo.


This is a progress shot, I just wanted to see how things are looking so far.


I am happy with the progress so far. I then decided to do some stencilling with this stencil from Kaisercraft- it's called "rough grid" and it's one of my chosen products from Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft.


I wanted this layout to represent my dad.  My dad is soccer mad.  He played competitive soccer in his younger years and it's the only sport he watches on tv.  I used my silhouette machine to cut out a silhouette of a soccer player and I also cut out a few soccer balls.


Time to put this layout together.  All I added were some diecuts from my stash and the title.


Thank you all and I hope you like what you see.  Remember to check out Aunty Vera's website as all these wonderful paper can be yours for a great price as well as the featured stencil.



2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...