Friday, September 27, 2019

Like A Modern Man - Silvia Aussie Scrapper's Mixed Media Layout "Son, Husband, Dad"

Hello Crafty Friends!
Have I mentioned how I love having a scrapbooker on the Team?
Today's layout from Silvia has a bit of everything...... scrapbooking, shaker embellishment, mixed media........ I love the finished layout!!





Hello Crafty Friends, How quickly time flies.  This is already my 4th layout with these beautiful papers from Couture Creations.  I wish I had more time to scrapbook but as you all probably know family life is busy.

Today's layout all started out by me wanting to feature the gorgeous die-cut "Porthole" that was one of my chosen products from Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft.  If I am using a porthole, of course, I had to scrap a photo of my husband who loves fishing and boating and all things ocean-related...

I knew I was going to use the "porthole" die-cut, and I had my chosen photo, my next step was to find the appropriate background paper so that I chose the correct colours for my porthole.  I chose the beautiful paper 08A for my background paper.


This layout is different from my normal way of doing things as it all was centred around an embellishment I made using a die-cut I was dying to use.  The papers I had left over were not the right shade to cut out my porthole so I designed my own paper.

I had a piece of the brown card stock that was part of our core products so I gessoed this piece of cardstock.


My next step was to give this gessoed cardstock some rustic colours, so I played around with another of my chosen products - these beautiful Distress Oxide sprays in the colours: Victorian Velvet Cracked Pistachio and Pumice Stone.  I sprayed each colour, dried it with my heat gun then applied another layout of colour till I was happy with the shade of colour I got.  Finally, I used the "porthole" die-cut.



Change of plans, I am going to make this die-cut into a shaker porthole...First step is to cut a circle from a piece of acetate and this acetate circle is glued to my "porthole diecut".
2) add some mounted foam tape to the acetate circle,  
3) add some sequins 
4) stick down the circled background paper.
I could not find the right shade of paper for my shaker background so I took a scrap of paper from the "gentleman's emporium collection", I used my "vintage photo" Distress Oxides to darken the background and then I cut a circle from this paper.


To finish off my porthole shaker I found a chipboard ship's wheel that I coloured in with a distress marker and glued it to the middle of the shaker porthole.


Time to work on my photo now and to help it stand out from all the business of the paper. I matted the photo on some brown cardstock.


I wanted to use up as much of my scraps as possible so I went for layers of scrap paper behind my photo.  I tore my paper into strips and all pieces of paper were inked with vintage photo distress oxide inks.



My 08A paper from Gentleman's Emporium collection which I chose as my background paper was looking a little bit bland for my liking so I took out my sepia archival ink and a background stamp and I did some stamping,


The background was still lacking colour so I decided to add another layer.  This time I took my stencil (another of my chosen products) and did some stencilling using two Nuvo mousses that I also got from Aunty Vera.  I also did some brown splatters for added effect.


From my stash, I found some wood veneer that went well with the layout so I glued them down on the far-Right corner and two on the bottom left corner.  I distressed all four edges of my paper and inked them with vintage photo Distress Oxide ink. I added some shading to certain areas of the paper as well, I thought it added some extra drama, I glued my photo down and added my title.  


It's amazing how different the paper 08A looks now with all the added layers of mixed media.  

All products except for wood veneers and chipboard can be bought from Aunty Vera.  You are allowed to click on this link and do some shopping: auntyverascrapandcraft.com.au (lol)

















2 comments:

  1. I love the background Silvia, another great layout. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silvia, I have to be honest, this is my favourite layout on all that you have created, and you have done some brilliant ones.. It just seems to have everything that I love.. Wonderful hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...