Saturday, September 21, 2019

Like a Modern Man ... Scrapbook Layout "Be" by Aussie Scrapper

Hello Crafty Friends!
We have another great layout from Silvia today - giving the vintagey Gentleman's Emporium papers a modern twist. I'm really loving the finished page!





Hello, Dear Crafty friends,
I am loving these papers from Couture creations "Gentleman's Emporium".  I must admit that my hoarding instinct is starting to kick in but I am working through it.
Today's layout is going to be a more modern version,  I just love how versatile these papers can be.

I chose a photo of my son and this layout will not have a title as it is going to have little messages to my son.

The photo is picked and the hard task of choosing my background paper begins.  I chose this particular paper because I believe it had a more modern feel.


Time to work on my photos as I want it to pop off the page, so I decided to give it a small matt using paper 09A.


I decided to give my photo a second matt as I wanted a contrasting colour, so I went with this gorgeous creamy, beige paper.


I inked all four edges of my matt with "vintage photo" distress oxide ink and here is what the layout looks like so far:


Time for some embellishments and as these papers go so well together I chose this paper with all these great patterns and I cut out all the ones I circled in red.


Loving what I have so far.  All cutouts have been inked with vintage photo distress oxide ink.


To draw more attention to my photos, I took paper 08A and cut out a few strips in different sizes and I will use both sides of the paper.  All these rectangles will be inked with vintage photo distress oxide.  I will then glue these as well as the words that I cut out earlier.


The circle embellishment on the top right-hand corner of the photo I made by using my chosen product which is this beautiful stamp set from Kaisercraft.  In the inside, the message says "keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground".


This stamp set is called "Be Brave"

I loved this stamp set so much that I decided to do some stamping to the background paper to make this layout a little bit more modern and since I was sending message to my son.  I chose the stamp with the stars and I chose the stamp inside the moon which says "I love you to the moon and back".  I stamped randomly and then for some extra sparkle I pulled from my stash some long-forgotten bronze sequins.


Finally, here is the completed layout.  Remember all these gorgeous papers and this beautiful stamp set can be yours at a great price from the beautiful Aunty Vera.  Here is her link so have some fun shopping - Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft


Link to Silvia's you tube process video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtGEto8jVRw&t=3s






2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...