Monday, September 30, 2019

Like a Modern Man - Gina's Twisted Easel Card

Hello Crafty Friends
What a fun month we've had...... if you ever think male themed crafting is hard to do, then come back to this blog and check out all the awesome projects that the Team shared over the past month!
Today Gina ends the month for us with a gorgeous card that really shows off the Gentleman's Emporium collection....




For my final project this month, I decided to make a twisted easel card. I started with the Couture Creations Chocolate cardstock which I cut at 6" x 12". I then scored it across at 6" and again diagonally from one corner to the 6" mark to make the base of the twisted easel card.


Next I cut 2 pieces of Gentleman's Emporium 08A paper at 5.7" x 5.7" and cut one of them across diagonally to create two triangles.


I stuck them on to the inside of the card and the two triangles created by the easel. I then cut a piece of Gentleman's Emporium 9 paper at 5.4 x 5.4" and cut it diagonally across. I kept one of the triangles created and stuck the pocket watches cut out strip from Gentleman's Emporium 12 paper on it. I also cut another patterned strip from that paper which I stuck over the pocket watches towards the bottom. I then cut out the "Be Gentle" from the same paper and stuck it towards the top. I stuck this on another triangle created by cutting the chocolate cardstock at 5.5" x 5.5" and cutting it diagonally across.


I then stuck this on the base of the cardstock raising it with the help of some chipboard. This is what holds the card open.


I then die cut the Clock frame using the Graphic 45 square tag and clock die set onto Gentleman's Emporium 1 paper. I will be using one side of the paper for the frame and the other side for the circle.


I cut out one of the cards from the Gentleman's Emporium 10 paper and stamped a quote on it with black ink using the Tim Holtz Theories stamp set.


I layered these on the easel along with the pocketwatch and camera that I fussy cut from the Gentleman's Emporium 2 paper.


I also fussy cut one of the men from the Gentleman's Emporium 11 paper and stuck that on the side of the bottom corner of the "Rugged Masculinity" and used stuck one of the Tim Holtz Idealogy Jewelled charms at the bottom of the base triangle.


Thank you for following along with me this month and see you again next month. Till then stay awesome!

Gina xx

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful Gina, I do love this shape of card and you showcased it to perfection xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...