Wednesday, January 30, 2019

It's A Brand New Day - Donna's Wrapped Journal

Hello Crafty Friends!
I don't know about you but I reckon you can never have too many journals, TNs and planners..... hehe one of my weaknesses! But you can use tem for so many things and handmade journals are just SO special!
Today Donna creates a beautiful wrapped journal - and guess what she's going to use it for? Brilliant!!




Hi all,
I hope you like what I created with the Box I received from the
Evil Enabling Aunty Vera this month..
I love the Wrapped Journal Die from Sizzix - Eileen Hull. There are just so many things you can create from it and I thought for 'It's a Brand New Day' in January why not create one for my poetry
and stories from 2019.. 

I cut a Wrapped Journal from a piece of strong cardstock and painted both sides with
Gesso.
( Don't use a shim with this die as it cut all the scored lines, ask how I know this lol)




I sponged the journal with Distress Oxide Inks in the order as follows:
 Fossilized Amber, Wild Honey, Iced Spruce, Fired Brick and Frayed Burlap.
Spray separate colours with water and dry before adding the next colour. I did this to both sides.. 


Looks pretty don't you reckon...


I embossed a piece of brown cardstock with the 'On The Go' Texture Fades by Tim Holt and cut a strip for the front of the journal.
I die cut the Credit Card Sleeve and Tags by Eileen Hull in embossed dark brown 
and edged it in gold pen.
A strip of washi tape and a stamped coffee cup backed with 3D foam tape finished off the front.


The three tags from the Credit Card Sleeve and Tags using the stamps with the Core Products.


How great does this look together..


The inside of the right hand side of the Wrapped Journal. I stamped the coffee cup rings all over the inside of the journal. I then punched the cups (minus the handle lol) and popped them up using 3D Foam Tape over two strips of the lovely paper..


Inside of the journal. Using the same coffee stain stamp, I stamped it over the journalling card to give it a uniformed look. A small coffee cup stamped on the flowered paper and fussy cut finishes off this side with a bit of glitter (of course).




I cut a piece off the border paper for the front and covered it in Nuvo Crystal Drops after adding a little Kindy Glitz to her dress and lights.. I then fussy cut two tea cups (tea for me please) and popped them up using 3D Foam Tape. I also painted them with  Nuvo Crystal Drops.


The Wrapped Journal..



I Hope I have
Inspired you to Create
Glorious Things
Hugs
Donna xx

Core Products:
Coffee Understands Stamps- Picket Fence Studios
Coffee Paper - Echo Park Paper Co
Coffee - Solid Paper Pack - Echo Park Paper Co



Did you know Aunty Vera has layby options, and she can order you anything you need..

Other:
Distress Oxide Inks
On The Go Texture Fades - Sizzix
Credit Card Sleeve & Tags Die - Sizzix - Eileen Hull
Kindy Glitz
Nuvo Crystal Drops
Coffee Time Washie Tape

Check out my Blog HERE

My Facebook page HERE


5 comments:

  1. This is fantastic Donna- love it! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eileen, I appreciate you saying so ..x

      Delete
    2. Fabulous to see you supporting our Aussie friends, Eileen.

      Delete
  2. Great - I am in the midst of using Echo Park Coffee Papers for my journal - you did great here! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...