Monday, January 28, 2019

It's a Brand New Day - Gina's Pop and Twist Card

Hello Crafty Friends!
We've seen some really awesome cards from our Team this month haven't we? They've all been so perfect for that coffee themed paper! I love Gina's magical floating coffee cups in her pop and twist card.... so clever!



Hey everyone I hope this month has been good for you all and everyone is ready to get the kids back to school. My eldest will be starting pre-primary this year so it's my first year of school everyday and my 2nd will be starting 3 year old kindy. They grow up so fast.

Anyway enough about me, my last project for this month is a twist and pop card. It was a lot of trial and error getting it to the measurements I wanted but I got there in the end. I started with the coral and green cardstock cut at 11"x 4 1/4". Score it with the 11" side facing up at 5 1/2" to make the base of your card.


Next cut 4 pieces of patterned cardstock at 5 3/8" x 4 1/8" to go on the inside and outside of the card.


Here's what it looks like once I've stuck them all on.


Cut another piece of cardstock at 2 3/4" x 8". This time I've used the light blue and pink cardstock. With the 2 3/4" side facing the top of the scoreboard, score at 1 3/8". Now with the 8" side facing up mark it at 2 5/8" and 5 3/8". Turn it around 180 degrees and mark it again at 2 5/8" and 5 3/8".


Now score the 2 5/8 and 5 3/8 lines from top to bottom to make an X and fold and burnish the scored lines.


Fold the two ends together and inwards to make a triangle on 2 parallel lines. It's a bit hard to explain. If you don't understand please watch the video and that will help.


This forms your pop up mechanism. Now put double sided tape on both the triangles and stick it to the center of the card towards the fold. Cut a piece of acetate to 9" x 2 3/4" and with the 9" side facing the top of the scoreboard, score at 2 1/4", 4 1/2" and 6 3/4" and fold into a W shape.


Next put a small dab of glue or double sided tape on the top right corner and the bottom left corner of the pop up mechanism, once opened and stick the acetate sheet on. You can see where I've put the glue in the picture. When you close the card, the acetate sheet should fold into the pop-up mechanism. You might have to help it along once or twice to get it to work smoothly.


At the bottom I've used one of the 6x6 strips and cut it down to size to make a pocket. I've glued the two side edges and the bottom edge so, if you are giving a gift card, its the perfect place to tuck it in. I've put the coffee die cut in there to show you what I'm talking about :)


In the front of the card, I've stuck one of the die cuts from the ephemera pack and one of those gorgeous prima flowers.


Next with the sizzix die, I've die cut 4 takeaway cups from the 6x6 papers and put them together.


I've stuck them on each fold of the acetate sheet and added a coffee sticker from the sticker sheet to the top of the card and voila, my pop and twist card with the floating cups :)


Here's the Video of how I put it all together.

I hope you enjoyed creating along with me this month and I'll be back again soon.

xx Gina - stay awesome

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...