Thursday, May 9, 2019

NSD 2019 challenge - adding pages to your Team Gina signature and making the journal cover

Hello Crafty Friends!
It's time to choose some fun papers to make your Team Gina junk journal pages....... and time to make your journal cover!!





Now that you have your signature covers ready, let me show you some options for the pages that go in them to complete your signature. The beauty of junk journals is that the pages don't need to be the same size and they can be anything your mind comes up with. It is preferable that they are either the same length and width as the signature covers or slightly smaller as I have used those sizes to decide the dimensions of the cover. Keep these aside.... you'll need them soon ;)


In the above picture you will see some of the pages I have set aside. They include tea died papers, scrapbooking papers, a white paper bag that I have stuck decorative paper napkins on, an envelope, a decorative paper bag, painted paper, vellum etc. For the size of the journal we are making at least 5 or 6 papers would be perfect and you add them in whatever order you prefer in your signature cover.

Now onto the journal cover. I have started with a cereal box and I have cut out a piece of it at 8" x 10 1/4". I then scored it with the 10 1/4" side facing the top at 5.2" and 5.4" and folded on the score lines. That makes the base of your journal.


I then chose a piece of fabric which I cut at 12 1/4" x 10" which I am going to stick on to the card. If the fabric is thin make sure to stick it on the brown side of the card. Once you have stuck the fabric on the front, cut out the corners as shown and a small triangle in the center as shown in the picture so when you stick the flaps, they do not overlap and bunch up. Then stick the remaining flaps onto the inside of the card. I then used a strip of the Aunty Vera Vintage Floral washi tape which I stuck in the middle.


Next I cut 2 pieces of the Kaisercraft buttercup cardstock at 5" x 7 3/4" which I stuck on the inside of the cover and for the outside I cut them at 5.1" x 7.7" and stuck them on. I lined the inside with the AVSC Vintage Floral washi tape before sticking the cardstock on.


I took a piece of the Tim Holtz paper string, about 24 inches and tied it around the spine. I then tied two of the Ken Oliver Vintage Birdcage charms to the end of each string. Now you can slip your signature into the string and when you finish writing in one, you can remove that and add another and start again. You can also use twine or an elastic band.


Here's a quick video of where we are up to and you can see the pages I have chosen to complete my signature.

Next I will show you how I decorate my cover and some of the pages.

GO TEAM GINA

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! Love making journal covers. I’m getting excited 💕💕💕💕

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...