Thursday, May 9, 2019

NSD 2019 Challenge - Donna's Board Recipe Folder

Hello Crafty Friends!
One final recipe book project from Team Donna - I LOVE this board recipe folder!!




Hi all,
 It is NSD (National Scrapbooking Day) which lasts all of May in Aunty Vera's land..  
All of the Creative Team are going to have lots of challenges and tutorials for you to join in and there are also prizes to be won, so make sure you check in heaps to win.. 

NSD is about memories and can take any form; for me this month it is about my grandmother and my mum's recipes that I still use and have passed on to my children.. Wonderful Memories... 

I am going to be giving away one or two of my creations to someone who creates along side of me in all of my challenges.. That means you need to create my project, take a photo and post in my album on Aunty Vera's facebook group.

For my last Challenge I created a board folder.. So easy to put together as well..


Cut thick board at 6 inches x 6 3/4 inches for the front
Cut 6 inches x 3/4 inches for the strip on the front.
Cut 6 inches x 7 1/2 inches for the back


Cover with the gorgeous Bo Bunny Family Recipe paper back and front. I sanded around the paper to cut any bits hanging over the board then inked the edges with 
Clearly Kelly Inks - Coffee & Donuts.


I cut pages to fit the back of the board and punched holes through the paper, the front strip and the back of the board.. Because of the thickness of the board and papers I did all these separate. I added eyelets to the front .. I adhered it all down under the top strip and as you can see I placed two large clips on it to hold while it dried....


I added two hinges so I could lift the front cover easy..


Back of the Board Folder


Inside the Board Folder
I added a strip of the border paper and placed a card with a tag on the front in the pocket .. 


A simple card to write a message..

I love this poem called Angels Recipe for Life..


Inside the back of the Board Folder.. 


On each page I placed some of the delightful washi tape to bring it altogether..


I hand wrote one of my favourite sweet recipes on the front page..


The finished Board Recipe Folder.. 
Do you recognise the trim? It was from a March project for AVSC..
I added a wooden frame from my stash, a small cut apart from the Bo Bunny paper and a tiny spoon from the buttons I received this month. And don't you just adore that tea time border die.. I love it..


I cut the heading of the paper and placed on the frame which fit in nicely as Family Recipes.. The clock was fussy cut out from a piece of the paper.. And I have heaps of glitter and shine on the front as well.. (you can see a little bit on the photo but it is really pretty in real life)..


My gorgeous package for May..


Products are:

Emoji Love Enamel Dots - Simple Stories
Pocket Full of Posies Charm Pack - Do Crafts Papermania
Small Talk Stickers - Tim Holtz idea-ology
Sweet Friends Stamps and Dies - Kaisercraft
Family Recipe Papers - Bo Bunny 
Tea Time Border Die - Cottage Cutz  
Perfect Combo Washi Tape - Doodlebug Designs  

You get a great discount on all products used by the Creative team this month..


You can purchase the items HERE
and check out the facebook group to see everything the Creative Team will be creating throughout May..

I hope I have inspired you
to create glorious things.
Hugs
Donna xx

My FaceBook page Donna's Fun Stuff HERE 
My Pinterest page Donmaree HERE
My Youtube Channel HERE
My Blog HERE
And don't to forget to say hi on Instagram donna.triffitt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...