Wednesday, May 8, 2019

NSD 2019 Challenge - Making Wendy's Time Capsule Pouch

Hello Crafty Friends!
So - are you ready for the next part of Wendy's Challenge? Making a pouch for your time capsule booklet.....





Hello Everyone,

So if you thought making the booklet was so easy, then you will soon find out that making this pouch to hold the booklet is just as easy to make. For the base of the pouch I used a manilla folder. When left folded I cut it to the size: 22.5cm by 19cm which is roughly 9inches by 7 1/2 inches.

I gathered all my scrap papers and placed then down on the manilla folder, Being held by a small amount of glue. I wanted to make the folder stronger and I thought by added some scrap papers in the 'frankenpaper' style this would greatly add some strength to the manilla folder. I placed the scrap pieces down not really thinking but just having fun and making sure it was very random...no order what-so-ever...lol




When I was finished placing the papers down, I used my sewing machine to sew around all the edges of the individual papers.



I have a pretty old sewing machine and I thoroughly love using it to sew on paper. And I love the way the 'frankenn style' of papers all sewn down end up looking. If you don't have a sewing machine, you could always collage the papers over the folder base and still end up with a very sturdy pouch.


I did sew one full strip of patterned paper over the spine so there would be no loose edges seen. I thought this give the spine fold extra strength. Once all the scrap papers were sewn down, I also sewed up both sides of the folder. I left the end opening open so I could put the finished booklet in. Then when the booklet was finished, the end opening would also be sewn together so it would be kept safe and sound for the future years until it was time for it's opening.

 These are the three pouches I 'franken' made for my grandchildren.


Below is the video process of my pouch.


It is a very simple process, which can be adapted to your own style or way of doing things. So have fun making your pouch and I look forward to seeing them in our facebook group.




Bridgettes' Booklet and Pouch Decorated  



                                    
 Samuel's Booklet and Pouch Decorated



Ryans' Booklet and Pouch Decorated




Booklet and Pouch for my giveaway

Please don't forget - to be eligible for the draw your challenge entry must be posted in my special Challenge Album in our facebook group

Don't forget to enjoy your process and have fun!
Wendy xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...