Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Photographs & Brightly Coloured Paper - NSD 2019 - Making the Booklet for Wendy's Time Capsule

Hello Crafty Friends!
I feel a bit mean having given you a teaser of Wendy's Time Capsule last week and making you wait this long.... but here we go - are you ready to start making?
Go Team Wendy!






Hello Everyone,

Time to start making our Flat Pack Time Capule!

This is a very easy process, a booklet to use as the base of the time capsule.
I used: pattern paper from Aunty Vera...one cut at 12 inches by 8 inches and then a smaller piece out of the same paper 11 1/2 inches by 4 inches. I also used a piece of craft paper in the middle which is 10 inches by 7 1/2inches in size.

I used the largest piece of paper as the cover and then placed the craft paper on top and then the smallest cut paper in the center of the craft paper. I used my sewing machine to do a zig-zag stitch around the edges of each individual piece of paper and then also used my machine to sew down the center of them all together, which gave me a good start to my time capsule being flat. If you don't have access to a sewing machine you can always hand stitch the pieces together with a basic pamphlet stitch.


I added the zig-zag stitch around the outside as a decorative interest, so this is an option process if you wish or do not wish to do it. You may like to add another decorative edge, you are more comfortable in doing.


You now have your very basic flat booklet where your can store all your treasued photos and bits'n'pieces in.





I also added a piece of calico on the outside of the spine measuring 8 inches by 2 inches. This will give the spine a bit more durability in holding that fold together over the years.


Once the booklet was altogether, I made a band to wrap around booklet. I took a sheet of patterned paper and cut a 2 inch strip from it, leaving the advertising strip on the bottom. This gave me a little bit of extra paper to add some double-sided tape to it and tape both edges together.


I cut two different size banners to layer over the band. If you don't have this shape die, you could use a circle shape or oval shape. Or even cut your favourite shape out by hand and layer it up on the front of the band.


Your booklet for your memory keeping is finished and the next post will show you how I made the pouch to keep your booklet in. So come back and see!

Below is a video showing my process for making the booklet

Hope to see your creativity in group!
Wendy xox

1 comment:

  1. Wow. It seems so simple!! Can’t wait to get started

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...