Wednesday, May 8, 2019

NSD 2019 Challenge - Gina's Alternate Interactive Signature Cover

Hello Crafty Friends!
We're junk journaling with Team Gina - and today Gina has a new signature cover to share with us. Make this one.... make the previous one... make them BOTH! They're such fun!!





How's everyone going with the challenges so far? I'm so excited to see entries in my challenge already yay.

Today I thought I would show you another option for an interactive signature cover. This is not compulsory to make. One signature is fine so you can make either this one or the first one or one of your own.

I've started with the Kaisercraft Buttercup cardstock from my stash as well as the Ephemera and Entomology papers from the Kaisercraft Anthology collection.


I cut the buttercup cardstock to 7 3/4" x 10" and scored it with the 10 inch side facing the top at 5". This forms the base. I then cut two strips from the Ephemera paper and two from the Entomology paper all at 7.5" x 4.7" which I stuck to the cardstock. I also inked the edges of the Entomology paper with my Kaisercraft vintage ink from my stash before I stuck them down.


I love how the front page looks so I have left it as is. For the inside left page, I cut 3 pieces of paper that I chose from the 6x6 paper pad at 5 1/2" x 4.7", 4 1/2 x 4.7" and 3 1/2 x 4.7". I then scored the tops of all three pieces at 1/2 inch and folded and punched the bottom border of each with my Martha Stewart punch.


I then stuck them all together at the folds and stuck them on the top of the left page to create a simple waterfall feature. For the right page I created a belly band with an offcut from the Entomology paper. I used the other side of it, measurements 2" x 4.7" and punched the borders again with my border punch. I then stuck it in the middle of the page using a dab of glue on both sides to create a belly band. I thought it seemed a bit dark so I used one of the phrase stickers from the sticker sheet which I stuck in the middle of the belly band.


For the last page I wanted to use the cut outs from this page in the 6x6 pad so I cut them out and measured them and then cut some more offcuts to the same size which was 2 1/4" x 2.7".


Next I cut another piece of the buttercup cardstock at 3" x 9.2" and scored it at 2.3", 4.6" and 7.1". I then folded it in an accordion fold and stuck the cut outs on the pages leaving the last page that will be stuck on blank.


I cut a piece of ribbon to about 15 inches and stuck it in the middle of the back which I then stuck on to the last page creating a little flip out.


So there you have it, a second option for an interactive signature cover. Here's a video if you would rather follow along as I make it. Remember to post your challenge entries in my challenge album to enter the competition.

In my next post I will show you some of the options of the pages that you can put in them to complete your signature as well as how to make the cover for your journal.

Thank you everyone who has joined my challenge so far and those who haven't there's still time and it's fun I promise :)

GO TEAM GINA

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...