Wednesday, May 8, 2019

NSD 2019 Challenge - Wendy's Matchbook Photo Holder

Hello Crafty Friends!
The next aprt of Team Wendy's challenge...... a matchbook photo holder. I just love this idea!!








Matchbook Photo Holder

Hello Everyone,
So everything I have shown you how to make has been pretty easy so far, hasn't it? Well, this one is the simpliest of them all...but it makes an awesome holder to keep some cherished photos in which can then be adhered into your Flat Pack Time Capsule.

You will need a piece of cut patterned paper to the size of 12inches by 3 1/2inches. This piece needs to be scored aong the 12 inch side at 1inch, 6 1/4, 6 3/4, 7 1/4 inch. You then fold up the 1 inch and also fold along the center score line which will be 6 3/4. 


Once you have folded on those score lines, you put a staple or two at the  very bottom where the one inch has been folded up. This acts as a flap to hold the front down.  I gathered up some 3 x 4 sized clear plastic bags and placed a photo in each of them. I used five for each grandchild. Because I still had my sewing machine at the ready I sewed the very top together just above the front fold flap and this secured the plastic bags, holding the photos, to the inside of the matchbook.

A great way to store some photo memories


The video below shows the very simple process of making the Matchbook Photo holder




Once you have your Matchbook photo Holder made, it's time to decorate it to your liking. Just remember it needs to be relatively flat, so no big bulky embellishments.

These are a few pictures of my decorated Matchbook Photo Holders.



 I used some washi tape, a photo and some sticker sentiments on them. All very different !



I hope you found this project as easy as I said it would be and I look forward to seeing your decorated matchbook photo holders in group!
Wendy xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...