Thursday, May 9, 2019

NSD 2019 Challenge - Wendy's Pop Out Photo Card

Hello Crafty Friends!
I love interactive crafty projects.... and this pop out photo card from Team Wendy is a brilliant addition for your time capsule!





Hello Everyone,

I have another little project that I'm sure you are all going to enjoy. When I had finished this project, I found myself playing with it quite a lot...the child in me coming out!...LOL

So for this part of the challenge I will be showing you how to make a POP OUT PHOTO CARD as another fun fun element you can add to your Flat Pack Time Capsule.

To start off, you will need pretty sturdy paper (I do suggest a nice thickness of cardboard, that won't bend or wobble too much). The sizes you will need are: One piece 23.5cm x 5.5cm, one piece 20cm x 2cm and the last piece a rectangle 5cm x 4cm.


I start with the largest piece 23.5cm x 5.5cm and fold it in half. Then score a line either side of the center fold at 0.75cm. Then fold on all of the score lines so you end up with an 'M' looking shape in the center. This gives you a little room when folded because your brad will be close to the center fold.


Then grab the piece 20cm x 2cm and score at the 8cm mark and fold.


When you fold your piece on the 8cm mark, you need to make a small triangle shape at the folded end by bringing one corner across so the sides match each other.


When you have made a triangle fold at the folded end, you have to open it up and fold the triangle shape to the center of the strip. The pictures below show this step at two different angels.




You then place a brad on the top smaller triangle shape, as shown below and then this is attached to the largest stip for the pulley to work.




The 4cm x 5cm rectangle is then glued to the top strip of the pulley. The picture below shows the completed inside look of the pop out.Place a small strip of double-sided tape on either side of the longest pulley strip, making sure the strip won't come into contact with the tape. This is to hold down the front part of the cover. I also place a smaller piece of coloured cardboard over the front of the pop out as decoration (this is optional).



I cut a photo to size and glued it on top of the rectangle, so this is what you see when you pull the tab and your project is finished. You can decorate it however you like on the front...I wrote the words 'Peek-a-Boo'.


Above is the Pop Out Cards I made for my grandchildren and the covered the front with a cardboard piece in their favourite colours. 


The video shows my process for making the Pop Out Photo Card



This project was so much fun to make and we all had so much enjoyment playing with it before I attached it inside the time capsule booklets.

So, why not try make one for yourself and if you do, I'd love to see a picture of it in the Crafty Vera and Friends facebook Group.

Please don't forget - to be eligible for the draw your challenge entry must be posted in my special Challenge Album in our facebook group

Wendy xox

1 comment:

  1. This is so cool. Love interactive elements like this!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...