Thursday, May 2, 2019

Photographs & Brightly Coloured Paper - NSD 2019 Challenge - Wendy's Flat Pack Time Capsule

Hello Crafty Friends!
Are you ready to start the memory keeping challenges?
Today we introduce Wendy's challenge..... a time capsule!
Yay! I love this idea!
Start making yours today...... and tune in throughout the month as Wendy gives us loads of fun ideas to add to your time capsule. And make sure you read the entire post... cause Wendy has a special giveaway for one lucky participant!
Go Team Wendy!!








Hello Everyone,

I'm so excited to be participating in my very first NSD challenge with Aunty Vera and the other amazing girls on the Creative Team.  I have a love of using and making things with paper and coming up with ideas that I find very enjoyable and fun to make. So I am hoping you will all enjoy and participate in my challenge  that I have set for you.

How it Came to be....

I had been looking after my three grandchildren and thinking about  what I could do for the challenge while they were playing in front of me one day. The boys had dragged out every box I had been hoarding in my craft room and they were all busy making their own little creations, when my eldest grandson said, "Nan, this looks like a time capsule!" It sure did look like some sort of weird contraption...lol...which got me thinking how cool it would be to make some sort of time capsule for them, that they could all open up in a few years time.
Not having much room for storage at home, I needed to think of something that would be relatively flat, sturdy and would last quite a few years and then it 'hit me'...'flat pack'...hmmm, then the ideas started rolling of how I could bring it all together without being too complicated. And having it be relatively flat, it can be stored away in a safe place until it's time to 'crack it' open and enjoy all the little memories inside.

             My challenge is for you to make a FLAT PACK TIME CAPSULE........

Picture shows my finished all encolsed Flat Pack Time Capsules

Your time capsule can be made for yourself, your child/ren, your grandchild/ren, someone else in your family or even a good friend. It can be used for you to store some wonderful picture memories in as well as things you like at this time, movies, telly shows, books, art projects. Some more suggestions could be the price of certain foods you enjoy, pet pictures, family pictures and the list just goes on...so you can choose what to actual add in your time capsule. Make it personal to whomever it is for. I also included a letter to my grandchildren for them to read when opened and I got the three of them to write a letter to their future self. We all had fun, thinking what to write and to add. I printed off a few free printable questionaires for them to fill out and each of them thoroughly enjoyed filling them out. My youngest granddaughter had help from her mum, her being only four and just starting to write. All in all, it was a wonderful bonding project where I got the grandchildren involved.

I didn't want it to be a plain booklet style so I have added a few paper projects that are easily attached to the pages, in a flat way, that made it a fun interactive time capsule. Which I am hoping you will also add to your own Flat Pack Time Capsule. So throughout the month of May, I will be showing you these added paper projects that you can attach in your time capsule as well as how I have made the booklet and pouch used to store all these precious memories...they are easy and fun and I'm sure you will find them very inspiring!


The video below shows you the completed three Flat Pack Time Capsules I have created for my grandchildren and I'm hoping you all find it inspirational to make one for yourself or for someone else you love.



So stay tuned for the next posts and videos and we can work together during the month to make an awesome memory keeper for that someone special in your life. I have also made one extra Flat Pack Time Capsule to give away and this one will also have a lovely Happy Mail included within it where you have extra embellishments to add to your time capsule when you win it. This will be drawn at random by me and will be given to someone that is participating in my challenge.

So I am really looking forward to see what you all come up with, during the month, by either following along with me or maybe, even going solo and coming up with your own design.

Please don't forget - to be eligible for the draw your challenge entry must be posted in my special Challenge Album in our facebook group

See you all in our facebook group!
Wendy 
xox

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...