Saturday, May 4, 2019

Photographs & Brightly Coloured Paper - NSD 2019 - The Sweet Life ... Silvia's 12x12 scrapbook layout

Hello Crafty Friends and Happy National Scrapbook Day!
Today we reveal Silvia's scrapbook layout challenge.... it is NSD today after all.







Hi Lovely Crafty Friends,  today being NSD I challenge you all to do a scrapbook layout.  I have even provided you with a sketch and if you know my scrapping style I don't follow sketches.  Sketches to me are hard work for some unknown reason.  I sometimes do pick a sketch for inspiration but by the time I'm finished scrapping the sketch is lost and my work looks nothing like the sketch.


Here is the sketch I actually followed but it was really hard work to try and stick with it.  I did change it a bit to match my photo.  The sketch is from a book I received many years ago called "page maps"



I had already picked a photo, so my next step was to pick a background paper.  My choice was:

this gorgeous paper from Crate Paper is from their "Wild Heart Collection" and its called "PALMS". 
I chose to use the b side of the paper.


Next, I wanted to work on my photo.  The sketch called for a long a 8" x 4.5" photos which I did not have so I worked around this by cutting a strip of paper 10" x 5.5".  I used the other side of the paper above.  That is why I like getting two sheets of each paper.


I wanted my photo to stand out amongst all these palms so I took another piece of paper from the "wild heart collection" and matted my photo.  This paper is called " PARADISE" 


and here is what it looks like so far. 

The photo was taken in winter by the ocean of Potato Point.  I chose papers that picked up the colours in the photo which were the browns of the rocks and I was wearing a green jumper.

 ←10" x 5.5"

The sketch called for some strips of paper and I wanted to use the Crate Paper "Wild Heart Collection". I picked the following two papers:


I cut two strips of "hustle" which is the yellow paper and one strip of "jungle" which is the pink paper.  All three strips were 4.5" x 2.5".  
I also matted these strips of paper using the "paradise" paper that I matted my photo with.


A progress report so far and I am proud to say I am keeping to the sketch.


For my title, I chose to use the Crate Paper "Wild Heart" stamp set.  I chose a scrap piece of paper from my stash  and will be using the beautiful embossing powder from Ranger called "Sage"



The stamp set and embossing powder and all papers used are from the Aunty Veras Scrap and Craft website.

I also got from Aunty Vera the matching Ephemera pack called "Wild Heart".  I am not very good at using ephemera but some of them did make it onto this layout.

These are the pieces I picked:
From my stash, I used a yellow doily, some wooden butterflies and a wooden heart.

The wooden heart and butterflies I embossed with the "sage" embossing powder and I also used a sprinkle of "love letters" embossing powder from Ranger.  The frame around the title is also from my stash.



Here is the finished layout and I look forward to seeing what everyone creates.
Please don't forget - to be eligible for the draw your challenge entry must be posted in my special Challenge Album in our facebook group




Silvia xx


4 comments:

  1. This looks great Silvia, I'm going to have a go at this layout, not too sure if it's going to work out but at least I will try...lol...xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful Silvia, Oh my I am so not good with sketches but I will do it just for you, eek!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to this one Silvia. Thanks for the sketch - it’s a great one!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Silvia, I will be making this, Like Donna I'm not good with sketches but I will definitely try. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...